Thursday, June 7, 2012

What To Do When You’ve Had Six Cups Of Tazo Awake Tea And Your Internet Hasn’t Been Installed Yet






There are some days that I just can’t find any energy. I can only seem to drag myself along by the grace of God. Usually there’s no real reason for it, I just lack enthusiasm for the day’s responsibilities. These days suck. On the other end of the spectrum, there are the days when I indulge in way too much Tazo Awake tea and can’t find anything to do that could possibly use up my abundance of energy. A few weeks ago Awake lived up to its name and forced me to entertain myself while alone in my apartment. This was extra difficult because the internet hadn’t been installed yet so facebook stalking people wasn’t on the table. If it was I would have never needed to do any of these things. To help others who may also find themselves in need of creative ways to pass the time, I’ve compiled a list of things I did that weekend while running on all cylinders.

1. WATCHED SOMETHING FUNNY: One Saturday night I watched the season finally of SNL, hosted by Mick Jagger (who was blowing my effing mind!). When I’m really hyper, funny things seem to be three times funnier than when I’m not. I was literally laughing out loud! Everything seemed like it was funny enough to do that laugh where you’re laughing so hard that you’re not really laughing, but doing a series of what seem to be Lamaze-like breaths. I know you know what I mean.

2. TOOK A DANCE BREAK: My dance breaks only lasted about five minutes, but I continued to do them sporadically throughout the weekend. While Mick Jagger was performing with Arcade Fire, I was performing with no one. And I will gladly confess that my moves were not like Jagger (see what I did there?). They were the epitome of “dance like no one is watching.” That was partly because, well, no one was watching. But mostly it was because I have no background in dance and instead just wiggle in a way that makes me embarrassed to be my own friend. Actually I do technically have a background in dance. I took ballet when I was five, but all I remember is this slick little move called “pick up the leaves, drop the leaves.” And before you ask, it did make an appearance that night.

3. WATCHED Annie: The original version of Annie is so freaking amazing! I love this movie like a fat kid loves cake. No, like a fat kid loves TWO cakes! Besides, who can’t relate to the story of a scrappy orphan who gets adopted by a bald billionaire while escaping the clutches of the jerk face who runs the orphanage? It’s a tale as old as time. Watching this movie kind of falls under the dancing thing, because for every song I pretend to do whatever moves the people in the movie are doing. I can kind of do them, but that’s just a consequence of watching it all the time. “Hard Knock Life” and “Easy Street” are going to be the songs that really get you pumped! “Hard Knock Life” will get you all fired up about “the man,” and what not, while “Easy Street” is just more fun than you can shake a stick at! On a side note, playing Miss Hannigan is how I will win the “T” in my E.G.O.T.

4. WROTE SOME COOL STUFF: You might think that writing is a fairly docile task, but I only write stuff worth reading when I have enough energy to write it. I didn’t actually finish anything that night, but I started a lot of stuff that I was pretty excited about. In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have been so excited, as I have already admitted that when you’re that wired things seem more awesome-r than they actually are. Hmm…

5. TALKED TO MY CAT: This one’s pretty self explanatory. I have a cat. I talked to her. Nothing too heavy, like politics or religion. Just easy stuff, like the weather, and who’s going to be the next Kristen Wiig on SNL. You know, keep it light. This is supposed to be a fun night for both of you.

6. WATCHED Annie: Whoops! It looks like I accidentally wrote that twice. It’s definitely not because I watched it twice. I’m not the kind of person who would watch a time honored classic twice in one night. And further more, I’m not the kind of person who would watch a time honored classic twice in one night and then lie about it in a blog.

7. WATCHED Annie: Okay, okay, I watched Annie three times that weekend! What do want from me?! Do you want me tell you that I don’t know all the words to all the songs?! Because I can’t do that! I do know all the words, and I sing them all the time! It’s a brilliant combination of song and dance, and now that I’ve brought it up, I want to watch it again! But I have plans tonight, so maybe some other time. Maybe… tomorrow. Get it?! Tomorrow?! Anybody?

These are just a few possibilities. There aren’t really any hard and fast rules about how to use up excess energy, but at the very least I’ve come clean about my addiction to Annie. Actually, it felt really good to get that out. Out. Out like the Sun! Thhhheeeee sun’ll come OUT, tomorrow!!



Photo Courtesy of
www.bowandcrossbones.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment